Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First Painting Finished

I finished my first painting for class this week I will get a posting up of it sometime this week as I am busy with school work. The assignment was to get a picture and use one set of complimentary colors. My colors were blue and orange. We were allowed to tint and share which means we were able to add white or black to our colors. At first I thought this was going to be difficult because I never painted much but I have always wanted to. I ran into a few dilemmas but I loved how I was making decisions from moment to moment and I experimented with my brush stokes, color, watered down acrylics vs. not using water with the acrylics, waiting for the paint to dry longer vs. not waiting too long before I started applying more paint. It was all a fun process.

Here is the image I took from a Time magazine.





This is the painting before I completed it. As soon as I can I will take a picture of the completed painting.


Have a great night everyone.


***Update***









2 comments:

Jess said...

Wow! A very powerful image, it's made a fantastic painting! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment :) Have a lovely weekend.xx

RyoJul said...

Thank you Jessie. I worked hard on this painting. Quite a few hours went into it.