Thursday, October 2, 2008

Looking Back

Looking back on my old high school photos brings such good memories. It wasn't that long ago that I was in high school but I still get nostalgic. I wonder why that is. What I have always truly loved about this photo is my hair color. It's just so vibrant and wild. I also like the way I'm staring at the ground. It looks like I'm thinking about something serious. All I could do to stop from laughing was stare at a corner. My friend and I were having too much fun laughing so I had to stare at something.

I've always been a person who was different from everyone else in the sense that I wasn't afraid to like things that I liked. I wasn't afraid to be open with things that I liked. I also most def didn't take crap from no one. No one messed with me because they knew I would defend myself. I was the quiet girl, who always did my homework and followed the rules but there was one place where I could let go and that was in the art room. I took art for 3 years in high school. I learned a lot about myself in that class. In the end art is what kept me going through high school. School wasn't tough or anything like that, it's just that at times I just didn't want to go. I wish I could have learned a lot more about art but seeing as I live in a small town and there isn't enough funding as is for the school, of course art is one of the departments they cut from first. We had limited materials, so we were limited in what we could learn. I loved my art teacher, he was great. He made due with what we had. You know a lot of people took art because they thought it was a free ride but boy were they wrong. You had to always be working in that class.

I find myself needing art again. It's like I'm discovering it for the first time again. I guess I'm one of those people that just can't be without it. *sigh*I just love art.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!! I love your comment and the project you will be creating. I discovered art recently with passion, but I have always adored it. I remember my father making me carry a note pad on my shirt in Mexico City. We would go to all the museums and the international attractions, expensive perhaps in those days, but my father an educator professor back then would make me write everything about my indigenous past.

I did not realize it until much later in life that he was sowing the seeds of art in my curious inner child. I am also passionate about art. It is in our blood, and once my father told me that it is. I would really like to see more of your art, and I would also like to see what you can do from this point.

I think you may be interested in a piece I am working on right now using designer's gouache watercolor. I love that paint becuase it is super powerful, and it can be used radically. It is a very tricky and technical paint and it is good to work with hard stuff. I just love the way it dries and feels. Really flat, and the colors are sooooo vibrant.

I like your old high school picture, and especially the hair. It make me think... I wonder what she was having for breakfast the next day... LOL

Anyway I am urging you to continue your art if I may, and I love it when you visit my site. Thanks for the nice post.

Lola Enchanted said...

Hi there! I love people who are "different"! We need more of them in this world to make it a better place!!!~

Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

I'm glad you discovered art again. Once it's in your heart, it's there to stay. Have a great weekend!

Creative Blessings,
Lisa :)

RyoJul said...

Hi Lola thanks for that wonderful comment and thank you for visiting my blog.

RyoJul said...

Thank you lisa. I'm also glad I have discovered art once again.