I drew the design and then I started working with the wood burning pen.
Added some leaves to the vines.
I then added some words. It's the name of Jesse's blog.
I added color with some watercolor pencils. I wanted the plaque to pop. Then I stained the whole plaque except for the back of course. It's a light color because I didn't want the colors to be muted by a dark wood stain. Wood stain stinks so bad. I didn't have a face mask =( so I sniffed some fumes. It really sucked. I even worked on this outside but the fumes were really strong. After a couple of hours of drying time I brought the plaque inside and then I put it near a window so the smell could go out the window. The next day I sealed it with Krylon Kamar Varnish. I added multiple coats until the plaque was to my liking. Varnish has to be used in a well ventilated area because it's smelly as hell. I always apply varnish outside because it stinks so much. Oh one more thing that I forgot to mention was that I nailed on a sawtooth hanger on the back so Jesse can hang it on the wall. I want him to be able to hang it where ever he likes.