Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Dream

I thought I should share my dream with you guys. Last night I had a dream that I was having an argument with somebody. I don't remember who it was that I was having the argument with all I remember is that it was a woman. I was telling her how upset I was with our society who is a very wasteful society. People don't like to take a little time of their day to recycle their recyclables. I was telling her how very useful products can be made from recycled materials thus creating less waste. I told her about a show I saw on t.v. about a woman who made her home more earth friendly by incorporating a lot of recycled materials and energy efficient appliances. She had a kitchen counter top that was made from recycled glass bottles which was very cool. (I actually did see this on t.v.) I was telling her how we all need to recycle more. I also told her that I hated to see things thrown away in the garbage rather than put in a recycling bin. I told her I was glad that in the area where I live we have a mandatory recycling program.

I gave her an example of how watching my uncle and his family being wasteful just pissed me off. They live in Washington state and they don't have any recycling facilities there. I'm not sure if it's the whole state that doesn't have a recycling program or just certain cities. They lived in Weenatchee Washington before and there's no recycling programs there. I remember one time when I went to visit my family there I asked my aunt "What do I do with the soda can? Where do I put it?' my aunt then said "That pop goes in the trash hun. There's no recycling here." She sounded like she was proud of it. This happened many years ago in 1995. Now they live about 2 to 3 hours away from Weenatchee, they now live in Richland Washington and they don't have any recycling programs there either. I visited them this summer in August. I went to throw out some trash and what do I find, I found soda cans and plastic bottles in there. I just felt like taking them out and putting them in a bag and bringing them back with me to California. It just feels bad when I don't recycle. It gives me pain to see that. I also saw garden trash and house trash all in the same garbage can. It just sucks.

Here in the area where I live we have three garbage cans, a grey one for household garbage, blue for recyclables and green for yard waste. The garbage has it's purpose which means less waste and I'm happy about that. I'm not a tree huger or anything like that. I won't go chain myself to a tree like those Berkeley students did but I will do my part and recycle. When I walk I pick up any plastic bottles or soda cans I see. Less trash around my town.

I'm just surprised that I'm even having dreams about recycling. It's just so strange. It might be because I was remembering about my uncle's family throwing everything into one garbage =( Sometimes I just have some interesting dreams....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year darling and thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

I am mailing you a painting that I took the liberty of painting with my favorite Designer's Gouache for you. You must promise me you will frame it and post it on your blog..... :)

That should keep you until I can continue work on your set of 4/4 personal collection.

kisses

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!!